LG P970 Optimus Black CyanogenMod/Root/ClockWork
Based on the official v10c/v10d
REMEMBER: You are on your own with this, it's your phone, your hands, not mine
So what do you need to get this, here goes:
ClockWork MOD (this gives you the boot loader) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1098083
SuperOneClick - http://shortfuse.org/?p=80
Nova1 (Maybe) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1161015
CyanogenMod - P970 Version - http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?5960-Almost-CyanogenMod-CM7-SelfKANG7-for-Optimus-Black
A P970 :)
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings/Application/Development/USB Debugging
- Extract CWM
- Attach the phone to your computer, look for the bug looking icon on the top left.
- Enable storage mode on your phone
- Copy the ROM (Zip file) and recovery.img onto the SDCard
- Unmount your phone from the OS and change back to "none storage" USB
- Run SuperOneClick
- Open a Command prompt, change into the SuperOneClick directory, then the ADB sub directory
- Tell SuperOneClick to shell root your phone
- Once it hangs at step 4, type "adb kill-server" on the command prompt
- This will trigger SuperOneClick to move on
After this, if you run adb shell again, your should see a # prompt and not a $ prompt. If you get $, don't move on, it won't work.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T CLOSE THAT ADB SHELL, YOU WILL HAVE TO START AGAIN
Now we going to move CWM to the recovery slot, in your adb shell, type the following:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
Once the phone reboots, you will see a new screen, use the VOL+ and VOL- keys to select an option and Power to execute the option.
Select "Install zip from sdcard"
Select "choose zip from sdcard"
Select all the erase options you can and wait for the phone to reboot. Once that is done, using either adb (should be a # prompt now by default) or the power button, reboot the phone into recovery mod again. Reflash the phone again (Mine broke with no phone dialer and a bunch of apps not working)
Enjoy the phone the way it was meant to be !